2006-10-26

Leva's Polka

Attended a party last Saturday when suddenly they decided to play Leva's Polka and show some kind of affixed video. Despite my acute sobriety (unfortunately mixed with total exhaustion from doing Högskoleprovet) I experienced something dangerously close to a frenzy. I missed the time in Århus, I missed my Oddballs, I missed alcohol. Mostly I missed alcohol. And leek. Yet all I could do was to sit rocking to and fro on a sofa, put my hands over my smiling mouth and try not to shout out loud. People stared at me while Britta attempted to explain my behaviour by mumbling something about "Elsa and her *friends*, they... uhm... they really like leek."

I got over it. I had some coffee and Kexchoklad. What I didn't get over, however, is that this person, who almost exclusively listens to heavy metal, had Leva's Polka on his computer. I mean, if he's got it, then who doesn't? Think of all the people who can't possibly appreciate a leek for what it is.

If you haven't already seen it, the video featured Holly Dolly the cow-like whore. Extremely tasteless. But at least you can glimpse sweet leek girl in the background.

Anywho, my point is, it turned out exactly like we feared.

No comments: