2007-09-08

Needy.

Listening to Red Hot chili Peppers, wearing sandals, feeling dirty and eating salty waffles.

I need new music. A pair of shoes. A shower. Sugar.

And I need you to stop looking at me like I'm going to change your life.

I hate mirrors. Yet I'm unmistably drawn towards them.

Anywho, I've been watching films, with an urgent need to share.

Office space. One of those movies that have been on my to-see list because it's constantly quoted and referred to. It feels good to have seen it. I even got a few laughs.

The Omen was what I wanted and nothing more. The exact same story as in the original version (except for a 9/11 reference and whatnot), but a little more human and way better special effects.

The Devil's Rejects: As you might know, I loved House of 1000 Corpses. Now this film wasn't exactly what I had expected from a sequel. The sick horror/comedy feeling that you experience in the prequel has evolved into sick thriller/comedy/drama. It doesn't aim to shock, it aims to... explain. Or at least lets you dive into the characters' lives, relations and history. At first I think it's rather painful to watch them so closely, to see them as normal people, with normal trains of thought. They almost look pathetic. The pain! It's daring, what Zombie does. But as the film goes on, you start to love them again. And again. And again. And again. It's a great movie.

The Mothman Prophecies was a disappointment. We were promised a Mothman. What we got was a lot of indications, by both men and moths. But no Mothman. Note to self: Don't watch prophecy movies, they are built on nothing but loopholes.

Lord of War with Nicholas Cage, who I thought was going to ruin the movie, simply with his presence. Nothing wrong with Cage. It's just. His face. It's strangely stonelike. But he was great. Also, it's nicely shot and had an interesting and dynamic plot.

Planet Terror: Cool. Humorous. Absolutely tantalizing.

This is England: The best thing about this film was the high quality acting. And the successful projection of a genuine 80's feeling. It is quite enough to make it worth seeing. But don't expect to be offered any new takes on, or original explanations to, human behaviour. Or even interesting human fates. Expect to be a little moved and depressed.

The Number 23: I've liked Jim Carrey ever since Dumb and Dumber. He does a good job in this captivating thriller. See it!

Blades of Glory: It's entertaining, though not worth obsessing over. It has some beautiful Zoolander-passages, for sure. However, it is slightly exaggerated at times, without getting away with it by being exaggerated through it all. No, wait... It aims to be exaggerated and ends up unoriginal. Still good. The awesome final skate, to Flash, by Queen.

3 comments:

tiny said...

Very nice post. I especially liked the beginning. A quote from one of the many films you've been watching, or just everyday heroism of the mousse?

Mousse said...

Oh, it's mousseism. Them mirrors...

I should've quoted a film, of course. Too self-centered.

Do you think we should add you to this blog?

I can't decide.

tiny said...

huh.

well, there you go.