2006-08-12

A Tribute to a Human God



Timothy James Curry

The son of a Methodist Royal Navy chaplain, James, and his wife Patricia, a school secretary. Born on the 19th of April 1946, in Grappenhall, Cheshire, England, UK.

The man, the myth, the legend.

This is my tribute to Mr Curry, my personal hero and an Oddball role model.

I still remember the first time I saw RHPS, it was magical and it was just at the right time of my life. It was the worst summer of my life and there the movie was. At first I didn’t know how to react to it, it was mind boggling and confused me to no end. Then after a second watch I embraced it and at the same time started embracing a lot of other things.

Then I managed to spread the RHPS love among my friends, and little did I know at that moment that it would become part of Oddball canon. Then with a little help from my friends managed to persuade our Swedish teacher to watch it in class, we watched half of it. Then my teacher ended the class with some line about morally bankrupt characters and we never got to watch the ending.

Now the movie is after party defined. You cool down and relax by clutching that leek close to your heart and let yourself be swept away into the musical wonderland.

But Mr Curry is far more than just RHPS. He’s Rooster, he’s It, he’s Evil personified. Basically he’s just an awesome person.

I just realised that this year he turned 60 and no one seems to have made any fuss about it. This is worth celebrating, this is worth remembering as the year Mr Curry turned 60, and therefore I proclaim this year to be the Tim Curry year. (I’ve got a feeling an Oddball zodiac is going to be created in a very near future.)

You know you love this cutie as well, I just wanna take him home and eat him up

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bi05zusQwYs&mode=related&search=

There should be more Curry fanvids

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bi05zusQwYs&mode=related&search=

1 comment:

Mousse said...

Ape, that youtube clip was adorable. Heil Curry, I say!

Anyway, I watched Kajsa yesterday as she fought for the high jump gold medal in Gothenburg, and found something absolutely adorable. It was an angry bitch who looked like she could bite the head off of a cock and I love her. Her name is Blanka, she's from Croatia [KROW-EYH-SHU].

I'll do a separate post for her, as pictures aren't enabled in comments.