2008-03-28

When Friday is the new Sunday.

Sometimes something is so right it's almost painful. Sometimes something could have been brilliant, but is slightly off, that's painful as well.

Lolita and I discussed the difference between being pretentious and arrogant. I love arrogance, but I cannot stand pretentious people. It might sound like a Catch 22, but it really isn't. There is a clear difference between the two. There is one thing to pretend you are entitled to the contempt you are feeling, another one entirely to just feel it.

I think the reason for the difference is because a pretentious person is often lacking self-confidence, but is full of self-esteem. Whereas the arrogant person often is very self-confident, but lacks self-esteem. Pretentious people think they are worth more than others, they just don't have the confidence to show it in a good and straightforward way like the arrogant bastard next to them. That makes them sneaky, they sneak around with their superiority and hold it behind their backs and laugh whenever they think you're not looking. I don't like sneaky people. The arrogant laughs in your face, then cries behind your back.

Lets conclude this post with a video of the man that made me fall in love with the arrogant attitude, he is its master. He will always be its master.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdrc2YT2ByI

2 comments:

Mousse said...

Oh my gorilla, he is a hot bastard.

I may be slightly drunk, but I can tell. I can always tell! At least when it comes to Curry.

Anyway, I think you might be on to something. Truly arrogant people get away with arrogance. Pretentious people think they do.

Lolita said...

Hur kan han uttrycka så mycket trots att jag inte förstår mer än "spectateurs, liberté och l'amour" ?
(Liberté förstod jag dock endast med Apes hjälp, men det var värt det)

Fantastic