2008-02-29

"ja.. för det är ju bara du, du, du, du, du hela tiden..."


PRETENTIONS

i watch myself in the mirror
don’t know that face
don’t know its place

i put on some make-up
a docile smile
i laugh, it’s a joke
and something

i try wearing a beard
a tie, a serious look
false, funny, façade
yet, this something

i try to be open
i want to remain whole
i try to see all, but dammit
i want to see Me

i see traces, patches, glimpses
i see a moment, try to fix it
but a moment is just that
there, and when you look
gone. but i’m still here, looking

is that what i look like?
(is that me?)

looking?

2 comments:

Ape said...

There seriously is a direct link between the Oddball minds.

Just last night I discussed poetry with the dear Lolita. What greets me on this wonderful day if not a piece of fabulously crafted poetry.

Huzzah.

Beautiful.

Mousse said...

Now that is an absolutely beautiful thought. Pleasing.

And thank you! Now I'm happy.