2008-06-02

The Ambivalence of Character

I have realized something about myself. And I have realized that I hate writing essays. Not the writing as much as the idea. The structure sickens me; the coveted precision, the idealized clarity, the expected cohesion.

It's an illusion.

Nothing makes sense. Ever. Why then should my paper make sense?

Everything I am is unclear, everything I ever accomplish is equivocality. Most things I say are conflict-ridden. That is what I've learnt.

My only comfort this Monday is CocoRosie, a musical gift from Lisa.



But I suggest you go to YouTube and watch it full screen: CocoRosie - Rainbowarriors

And in this one, you hear Antony's voice --> CocoRosie - Beautiful Boyz

2 comments:

Ape said...

Personally I hate editing. There is something so horrendous about editing.

But I agree, structure is overrated and evil.

Mousse said...

And editing is exactly what I'm supposed to do right now. Somebody put me out of this misery!