2009-04-04

Still Awkward.

I think it was meeting an old friend of mine that really spurred this hugging thing. An old friend whom you've been really close to and haven't seen in a very long time. A meeting such as that does deserve a hug. However awkward.

So I went out into the world and decided to work some cognitive therapy on myself, with practical assignments (aka hugs). And I've become better at it. Still it's awkward. It's no longer about the physical contact, it's just...it's an awkward form of greeting.

Yeah, that's it. It's the greeting aspect of it that bothers me more than anything. Random hugs bear an element of fun and niceness (and only a little fear), but when expectations are involved. Big no-no.

The hug should not be used as a greeting. Do we all agree?

(the following post was brought to you by M's intoxicated hugginess)

4 comments:

Mousse said...

That's exactly my view! No more needs to be said.

Except for I think I hugged you last night. But that was not a greeting, only a spontaneous expression of love towards a parting friend. Is all.

Mousse said...

But let me add that I have nothing against people hug-attacking me when greeting. Quite cozy. As long as they don't expect me to act the same way. Because I might not.

I did hug you last night, no? Because I have a clear image of it. Then again, I've been having weird vivid dreams. War. Norwegians, invading Sweden. And other, weirder things.

Ape said...

Yes there were hugs all around last night. All kinds, all types.

I even hugged tiny goodbye. But yes. I do prefer the attacks and randomness, it felt so awkward when it was all normal and adult and greeting like.

tiny said...

jag tror att du kramdes typ 40% av tiden vi var ute.