2009-01-06

"The carpet match the drapes?"

It is seldom you find something off-beat on television or in film. You know something, anything that doesn’t follow what you’re used to. Something that steps outside of our world. Not sci-fi or fantasy, but simply a world where behaviour is off, but at the same time familiar.


I stumbled upon Strangers with Candy this morning. I had no intentions of watching anything at all, but then something made me stay for two minutes and I was hooked. I simply had to continue watching this gloriously odd little movie. I’ve never seen the show, which apparently is better, but if it's anywhere near this, it had to be glorious.


It messed with everything and was cruel and demeaning of everyone and thing. Still it was adorable. Just because it wasn’t what was expected. It is way too seldom you see a movie that goes against expected behaviour. Basically it was just another teenage movie, but no-one acted like they should. They acted like…like when you imagine things. It was like one of our “stories” only it was film.


It was highly pleasurable.




1 comment:

Mousse said...

du laddar hem den till mig...?