2009-03-01

Lately Very Hungry II

Studying psychology sucks. There is nothing challenging about it whatsoever. Not at this level anyway. I need my mind to be fucked at least once a day to function properly

and I ain’t getting anything.

I can provide you with stunning statistics, I can estimate your IQ to be hereditary to an extent of about 70 %, I can I can tell you exactly why I almost had a panic attack just from having to go to school too early and I CAN draw a random graph where the variability is: high. I know the name of Freud’s daughter. I could point out Pavlov’s face among a hundred. I can perform an experiment on you and tell the world something mildly interesting about your working memory. I can probably - amateurishly - diagnose each one of the Oddballs within seven minutes.

But none of this satisfies. None of this makes studying really worthwhile.

Edit: What I MEANT to say with this post was that this shit affects my whole life. Without the challenge, without the mindfucks, I get nothing to work with. I have nothing to rest my mind on. I need a constant flow of new frameworks to help nourish my own weakling of Creativity and I don't have the power to provide myself with the tools. I'm spoiled rotten from earlier studying, and the reality of psychology is slowly killing what little self-grown spark I have inside me. I'm drowning in reason and I'm not allowed to scream. I picture myself older, and seemingly satisfied with just this, and I want to strangle that me with a chain.

3 comments:

tiny said...

um, wow. maybe we should've talked about this yeterday. i had no idea.

one of my favorite posts, though. your misery cheered up my day.

Ape said...

"Without the challenge, without the mindfucks, I get nothing to work with."

And that my friend is why we need to make Oddball get-togethers more regular, cause there's not much as mindfucking as those. So as long as we're here, you're not gonna be square. Or we'll help beat you with the chain.

But believe me when I say I understand your sense of wanting to destroy and pee all over logic, cause it sucks.

Mousse said...

tiny. I am glad to have been of service. By nightfall yesterday, I was over it. More or less, anyway. The feeling is the same, but I've pushed it down. Aaaand again with the damned psychology!

Ape. Yes, without the Oddball MF's I could probably end up uncomfortably sane. Let's do the drunk kind Friday. It's not as good as the unalcoholized (I mean it), but it's still brain food. Damn good food. Junk food. You get the glutamate and you smile, smile, smile.