2009-03-22

On repeat.

Got stabbed in the back by psychology, again. Nobody should care how and why anymore. Not even I do. It’s become something of a constant. Mere exposure effect and I’m hooked on failure. Yada yada. I said I don’t care, which is part true, but I’m not entirely over it. Not over the fact that psychology wasn’t my thing. Or that I’m not psychology’s thing. I am about as shocked as my dear big brother, who can’t see why a nutcase like his sister fails on nutcase-science. Turns out it takes more, but I'm not the mustarded hotdog that accepts the simplest of truths.

Instead of worrying too much about the necessity of trying to be more than a nutcase, I daydream. I dream of my very preppy croquet tournament I will hold in the Ekonomikum park. I’m drinking copious amounts of red wine and I’m wearing a slipover and a golf cap. And a pair of those oh so trendy chinos. I walk around with a superior and amused-looking face, with my croquet club thrown casually over my shoulder. You're all there with me. I don’t win the game but I am perfectly happy. Of that I dream. Intensely.

.........................................
My songs today:

Peter Bjorn and John - Nothing To Worry About

New York Dolls - Dance Like A Monkey

LCD Soundsystem - Losing My Edge

7 comments:

Ape said...

According to the internet it's;
"Do this thing, this type of thing

Put a little money in this type of thing."

tiny said...

huh?

i dreamt of what i knew i'd dream of. vampires and sex. fortunately i didn't have to participate, i just watched. which, apparently, is how i like it.

my head is still reeling from the 'i'm quitting beteendevetare'-convo. vi skulle ju jobba inom kommunen tillsammans!!! eller?

Mousse said...

Tack Apa. Och tiny, det kanske är just därför jag måste sluta. För att jobba för folket måste man vara bäst. Min egen utbildning, min egen väg, är den bästa.

Och tiny, jag har aldrig riktigt sett dig som en voyeur. Men såhär i efterhand kan jag helt klart urskilja tendenserna.

Nu ska jag studera.

tiny said...

den här posten var nog anledningen till att jag trodde du var olycklig. den skriker inte direkt 'jippie'!

Mousse said...

Men du borde veta att jag oftast är som mest tillfreds när jag har en värdig dagdröm att luta mig mot.

Det är som att säga, jag har huvudvärk, men jag har tagit en ipren. Då är det ingen som behöver tycka synd om mig längre.

tiny said...

vitt. blått. vitt. vitt. vitt. blått. svart!

magenta.

placenta.

Mousse said...

Hear hear!