2009-03-06

Literal Voyeur

Some like whiskers on kittens and mittens, some of my favourite things on the other hand, is to find old library receipts in books you've checked out. It's such a simple pleasure, but for that moment when you are reading it you get to peek at the life of a stranger. A stranger that through the fictional world you have shared almost feels like...a friend. You are connected through such a simple thing as shared influences. It's a rather amazing feeling.

And now I feel the need to check out more books from that person's list to make our connection even stronger. Plus from now on I think I will start leaving things in all books I return. For I am not only a voyeur, I'm an exhibitionist as well.

In case you don't know what to read, here are a few suggestions from the Unknown Sharer. Whoever the person is, seems to have very good taste.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Du kan vara en balansboll!