2009-03-14

What is the Matrix?

Like a bolt of lightning to my chest, it just occured to me I have a womb.

My very own personal womb. Within this physical thing of mine, I can - with a little help and luck - create another human being.

It’s not the potential baby that is the most thrilling right now. Just knowing that I have the technology is overwhelming. And I’m not talking about THE technology, as in “wow, I can probably create life”. Because, see, that is old news. I knew this before. We were taught this in school. Nothing new. Don’t get me wrong, baby production is probably way exciting, but I’m not really planning on finding out. What I would like to find out, is the character of my womb. I have a thing in me, which gets little or no attention, but holds certain unmistakable qualities. Like a heart, only I don't need it to beat. Or a soul that I never consult. I suppose the best way to get to know one's womb is to actually baby-produce, but in my case, I’m just going to fantasize, because that’s how I roll. My womb fantasies are naturally best kept to myself, as it involves some heavy navel-gazing. I can tell you that I am planning on naming her Gob, as he is my favorite character in Arrested Development, but that is all you need to know.

Having a womb, recognizing its grandeur, and then not use it. That is power. It’s like having 24 million dollars, telling the world about it and then live off of porridge for the rest of your life. Just because you feel like it. It bugs people.

And for now, dear friends, that makes me feel bigger.

...................................
Let me just add that I'm partly doing this because my previous quest to explore and appreciate Ulf Lundell turned out a disaster. The man is not a "genius". So I'm into wombs now.

6 comments:

Ape said...

This. This. This is perhaps THE best post ever. We really should just stop blogging, cause we can never top this.

And you are right, having but not using-- that's an awesomely cool power. We're like supermen, or gods, or something.

Mousse said...

Honey, are you drunk? It's four thirty in the morning and I've been drinking for eight hours but not even I'M that delirious.

Trust me, we can top this. But you're right, we ARE supermen. Are we gonna go see Watchmen anytime soon?

Lolita said...

Ape...

det vilar ingen som helst skugga över Moussies inlägg, men jag vet inte riktigt var den där grandiosa "we can't top this" storheten i den ligger...

Är det för att du gillar att fokusera på dig själv?

Ape said...

She's just named her womb Gob!

Why would we even want to top that?

Mousse said...

Listen, I've been googling "womb" and all wombs are baby included. Or baby elephant. What's up with that!?

I wonder, can a womb not be just a womb? I just know Gob was offended.

tiny said...

i'm kinda with ape on this one. awesome, and then some.