2008-04-10

Creation.

Along with the needy feeling, I've had one of fading. But then something happened. I saw something that made me realise I am not alone, in any way, and all creation comes from humble beginnings. God created man from dust. Alexander an empire from one man's ambition.

We have the dust, we have the ambition, we are bound to be able to create something. I'm not looking for my own man or empire, just a creation to call my own. To call our own.

Call me an optimist and slap me with the spatula of good fortune, but I think it is in everyone. We are part of that, so I'm thinking we will create.

It is never too late, and it is never too early to start. I'm aiming for August. Yes, in August we will create. Perhaps it will be a sandcastle, perhaps it will be a pirate novella (how are those pirate short stories coming along?), perhaps it will be our own little empire somewhere just outside of Gävle. I don't know, but I do know it will be brilliant.

Have some inspirational music and moving pictures. Share my optimism.

2 comments:

Mousse said...

Huzzah!

*fists lifted*

Ape for president!

The words wetted my eyes, the music warmed my heart, and I suddenly feel like writing on my pirate fic (which is nowhere near Finnish)(or finished).

But alas, I have to produce in the name of academia. My pen is bought and paid for, and there is no room for pirates. Maybe Tuesday. Maybe August.

Lolita said...

Oh, jag visste inte att du var så dansant, Epe!