2008-04-23

Whip it Baby.

I need ideas. I need support.

International Whip Day is creeping closer. I'm determined to get at least 10 people to celebrate it with me. You 3, is 3. That means I need to recruit another 7. But in order to recruit I need a purpose, I need an activity. People are crazy about activities. You tell them it's International Whip Day they shrug their shoulders and go about their business. You give them a reason, a purpose, something to perform and they are all of a sudden on their knees worshipping the leather.

So that's why I'm here. What can one do on International Whip Day? How will we recruit another 7 souls to whip it with us?

3 comments:

Mousse said...

I'm really very sorry and slightly ashamed. But what date is it?

And I don't know if I'll be able to recruit anyone. My closest and dearest study buddies see me as something of a lesbian s/m-oriented knife-throwing amazon. I don't feel like encouraging them by promoting IWD.

I'm not even that big on whips.

I suppose I COULD set up a workshop somewhere. I like the thought of workshops. Strawberry candy and green flyers. But it's terribly unoriginal.

Mousse said...

"...give them a reason, a purpose, something to perform and they are all of a sudden on their knees, worshipping the leather."

I'm not sure that applies to all people. It applies to us, is what it does.

People like money. If we could arrange some kind of lottery where people think they could win actual money. It would be a total hoax, of course. But I think it would gather people.

Or an angry mob.

Mousse said...

So I take it you don't know it either? The date, that is.