2008-04-19

If we're perf... Oh, GOD no!

Sometimes, I think of our friendship in terms of performance art. No, not our friendship, per se. But The Oddballs. And that is very much our friendship. The weirdest, the purest, the most beautiful, most productive part of our friendship.

I don’t like the thought of us trying to act out some kind of performance art. It would in now way be productive for us to think of ourselves in those terms. We’re pretentious enough as it is.

But think about it, whenever we meet, the four of us, we usually have a dress code, we have an elaborate theme, and we act like we’re on speed. What does that make us? Well, maybe not performance artists, because we usually don’t have any artistic ambitions. No less an audience (although it does happen, from time to time).

It’s still within the act it layeth. The essence. The spark. It’s acted out.

And if Ben Affleck is doing performance art, then we are too.

Meh. Who the fuck isn't.

4 comments:

Ape said...

I like that. I like that a lot.

Would also explain why it is always so completely draining on every level to attend an Oddball meeting. It is intense.

Performance art is supposed to be intense, so yeah.

Lolita said...

Hmm, it feels like I'm the one with least stamina, since I'm the one who gets exhausted first.
I guess it's the alcohol, I can't handle it; I become too cuddly, so instead, I fall asleep.

(Does not really explain the occasions when we are sober)

Mousse said...

Yes, that is strange. I mean, we don't even drink that much, or that often. We're as good as teetotallers! Ok, I said that mostly to get an excuse to say teetotaller.

I believe you simply have another kind of stamina. It shows in other ways, other days, other levels.

Lolita said...

No.
We are no teetotallers, especially noy you.

My stamina works in mysterious ways.