2008-12-04

A little poetry perhaps?

I've been reading some poetry. It really does fascinate me. Especially the hunt for beauty and that poem that will click with you. Most of the time poetry is just words strung together, sometimes though, sometimes it is so much more. It can be your entire world in a few stances. It can be something that feels so right you forget to breath a little. I like those times, but I also like the hunt for those times.

I think I'll have to go down to the library tomorrow and read a some poetry. For now I will leave you with a poem that does tickle me, by E.E. Cummings:

i like my body when it is with your

i like my body when it is with your
body. It is so quite new a thing.
Muscles better and nerves more.
i like your body. i like what it does,
i like its hows. i like to feel the spine
of your body and its bones, and the trembling
-firm-smooth ness and which i will
again and again and again
kiss, i like kissing this and that of you,
i like, slowly stroking the, shocking fuzz
of your electric furr, and what-is-it comes
over parting flesh....And eyes big love-crumbs,

and possibly i like the thrill

of under me you so quite new

3 comments:

Mousse said...

It did tickle!

And - now sorry for possibly destroying the enjoyable tickle - it was somewhat Xander-like.

Ape said...

You know this is almost a little disgusting. Just as you said it was Xander-like the person who recommended it to me "came out" as a Buffy fan by using a Xander quote. So I'm inclined to believe you, perhaps there is something almost Xander-esque about it. Or all roads lead to Xander.

Mousse said...

Whedon is a Cummings fan?

Read up!