2008-12-26

I really hope it isn’t mothmen again.

Mulder: It could be… mothmen.

Me and my brother watched The Mothman Prophecies over a year ago and were greatly disappointed. I even shared. Yesterday night the pain of never having seen an actual image of a mothman was revived as we were watching the X-Files. H, being an intuitive little soul, blurted out the concept of “mothmen” on a whim as the plot developed. When Mulder later mentions mothmen as a possible label on the vicious creatures he encounters we draw our breaths and look at each other. Is it happening? Are we finally going to see mothmen? Alas, it turns out Mulder’s creatures, despite the glowing red eyes, are not mothmen, but some 450 year old Spanish conquistadors.

Thus the search goes on.

2 comments:

Ape said...

You know how easy I am. You know how much I like thinking. So why did you post this?

Because now I have an intense urge to bring a camera and document our hunt for Vättar and Vittror.

Mousse said...

Why did I post it? I don't know. I feel that same urge, I suppose. I want to find the mothman, yet it feels that I am the one being found. By mothmen.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force has a mothman episode as well, although it's mistaken for a bus of the undead.

Let's leave mothmen for a while. They will find their way to me if it's meant to be.

Let's focus on Vättar and Vittror.

It's a great idea. I'll bring the deep red suryp.