2008-12-23

Merry Odd Christmas

For Mos, the odd, the peculiar and the glory.

Enjoy the wise words of Da Vinci, Lily Tomlin, random academia, Oscar Wilde, fanfic writers, Richard O'Brien, Lucy Liu, Robert Ben Garant and Jimi Hendrix. Who said what, that shall be my little secret.

***

All our knowledge has its origins in our perceptions.

Everything popular is wrong.

Amongst a rough crowd of violent, perverted people, she felt utterly safe.

If I'm free, it's because I'm always running.

[Genovese] Insisting that history should be "primarily the story of who rides whom and how," the authors warn that social history is "steadily sinking into a neo-antiquarian swamp presided over by liberal ideologues" and denounce "the current fad of 'anthropology' in social history as a bourgeois swindle.

You walk in worlds the others can't begin to imagine.

I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure!

The problem with winning the rat race is you're still a rat.

Everything I buy is vintage and smells funny. Maybe that's why I don't have a boyfriend.

Reality is nothing but a collective hunch.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.



And finally I shall leave you with one small piece of advice,"you look gayer when you're wrestlin'."

***

2 comments:

Mousse said...

Well, well, well! You generally exceed at most things you set your mind and hands to, don't you?

You don't need to answer that.

Thanks and spanks, honeycakes.

It's Christmas now.

Mousse said...

Wasn't it tiny who said that last thing?